It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ballast problems??
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:41 pm 

I'm going to start this off by saying I'm very new to this. I just bought an A20 with the plug an play. The rear has 750lb sacks.
I have taken it out a few times with zero problems with filling or draining the surf side. (port). I took it this weekend to a lake that was not so clean. I noticed the pump making strange sounds and took forever to drain. it would spit real good then dribble.
I finally got it drained and thought maybe the pump was going bad. I ordered a pump and in the mean time I swapped the starboard side so we could surf. It filled with no problem. at the end of the day, I noticed the same problem (same lake). once I got it home I unhooked the hose from the bag and ran a water hose through it while running and it worked flawlessly. once I placed the hose back on the bag to drain the remaining water out it would not pump anything. What do you suggest or has anyone experienced this ?

Post subject: Re: ballast problems??
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:25 pm 
Team Axis

How are the bags plumbed? Is there an overflow or air vent on the bag? Try to open it up for a second while filling. Just open the air plug if you have one, if not take out one plug completely, turn the pump on, and put the plug back so you don't get water all over he place.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 pm 
Team Axis

Did you replace the correct pump? These are not reversible pumps, it uses one to fill each tank/sack and another to drain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:03 am 

I replaced the pump in the rear locker against the back of the boat. I can move the hose around and it will start to pump, like its getting air locked